We’ve compiled some on-camera recording tips to help your video shine!
- Position your camera, web camera, or phone so your video appears horizontally, or in landscape mode
- Position your light source in front of you, avoid having it shine brightly behind you
- Avoid positioning your camera lens higher than your hairline, aim for at or slightly above eye level
- Position your camera lens far enough away to capture your entire face and shoulders, with some room to spare
- If you are standing, avoid shifting your weight back and forth—try one foot out in front of you
- If you are seated, and your chair moves, avoid swiveling from side to side
- If you are seated, sit up straight
- If you naturally gesture, or talk with your hands, feel free to do so
- Avoid recording yourself in front of a busy or cluttered background
- Be aware of any background noise while recording
- Have water nearby, in case you get a dry mouth
- Try to relax and make sure you’re breathing at your normal pace before recording.
- Do a test video and practice with your setup
- Make eye contact and smile
- Have fun!
When you’re done recording, upload your video to Dropbox.